- Grades 4-6
- January 24, 2015
- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Learn to be an Actor!
Experienced North theatre students will use fun drama games and activities to teach kids how actors prepare for the parts they play. Among the areas to be covered are:
- Body Awareness
- Creating Characters
- Finding Your Hidden Voices
- ActorSpeak (how to talk like an actor)
- Moving Like Magic
Through a hands-on approach, learn about what happens backstage in the theatre. Discover interesting techniques:
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t (lighting)
- Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day
- On Stage It Took Two (scene design)
- Painting the Play
- What To Wear? (costume and make-up)
- Sound Secrets
The Play's the Thing
Participants will incorporate what they have learned by preparing a short play to perform at the end of Drama Day for family and friends on the North High School Stage! Please plan on joining us at the end of the day!
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2014
- 7:30 PM
- North Commons
- $5 general admission
IMPROVEDY welcomes 5 new cast members:
They will join the returning troupe members, Alek Combs, Chris Cudnowski, Jon Hale, and Joey Krohlow for their first show on Saturday, December 20, 2014 at 7:30!
Performances: March 12-22, 2014
You can show your support for Arts Education by sponsoring a performance of Mary Poppins! Sponsorship Information
$5,000 Level – Premier Sponsor
- Corporate logo on 500 show posters (Deadline for this benefit – January 15, 2015)
- Listed as Premier Sponsor in playbill
- Listed as Premier Sponsor on poster displayed in the lobby for all 10 public performances
- Exhibit table for corporate display in lobby for all 10 public performances
- Full page ad in the playbill (7.25” x 10”)
- 20 tickets to show of choice
- Backstage tour
$1000 Level – Performance Sponsor
- Announced and thanked at the chosen performance
- Listed as “Performance Sponsor” in playbill
- Listed as “Performance Sponsor” on poster displayed in the lobby during show hours
- Half page ad in playbill (7.25” x 4.5”)
- 10 tickets to sponsored performance
North will present Thornton Wilder's classic through a 21st century lens.
The story follows the small town of Grover's Corners through three acts: "Daily Life," "Love and Marriage," and "Death and Eternity."
"Beautiful and remarkable; one of the sagest, warmest and most deeply human scripts to have come out of our theatre... A spiritual experience." —The New York Post
"...One of the finest achievements of the current stage…a hauntingly beautiful play.” -- The New York Times
DRAMA DAY for MIDDLE SCHOOL
Grades 7-8 May 16, 2015 9:00 am-3:00 pm
Learn how to Improv!
Improv comedy is one of today’s hottest forms of entertainment. To put it simply, improvisation is acting without a script—creating comedic situations on the spur of the moment. To do improv, a performer must utilize all the stage skills and techniques necessary in acting, along with a quick wit and imagination to create “instant theatre.” Discover the tricks to effective improv and have fun playing hilarious games based on audience suggestions in the style of the hit television show WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? Members of North’s popular improv troupe, IMPROVEDY will lead the workshop.
Learn How Actors Fight on Stage
Whether you are performing in Shakespeare or the latest martial arts movie, creating realistic yet safe fight scenes is a skill every actor needs to know. Learn the basics of unarmed stage combat from simple slaps to fancy falls. Emphasis will be placed how to create the illusion of realistic combat scenes while maintaining complete safety and control. Students may also be introduced to the fundamentals of armed combat using wooden practice swords, if time permits.
Drama Day will conclude with a public performance for family and friends on the North High School stage. The show will include a choreographed stage combat routine and comedy improv show!
Ron Parker, director
ANHS Theatre Department, 5000 Ballard RD, Appleton, WI 54913
920-832-4300 (school main office)
Ticket Box Office 920-997-3994
Website or media questions? Catherine McKenzie ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
The website recently went through a complete overhaul. Show photos are still being added back in. Thanks for your patience.